I’m a big believer in creativity at work. We need to expand outside our comfort zones to reach the good stuff. That’s why I draw. It forces me to find new angles on work happiness. How do you find new angles?
There are thousands of choices that we make in a day, consciously and unconsciously, but they usually boil down to two emotions.
We usually choose the safe. At least I do, but I do have my good days when the fear doesn’t seem so strong and I go with my heart.
In those magical moments, I know that I have potential to do great work. When the courage wears off, I cling to the joy that my courage overwhelmed my fear.
I’ve been working on leading with my heart. It’s not easy, but so worth it when I do.
* It’s Spread-the-Love Day, when I encourage you to spread the word about Work Happy Now. You might:
– Forward the link to someone you think would be interested
– Link to a post on Twitter (follow me @workhappynow)
– Sign up for my FREE 10 Week E-Course and join over 450 people who have already improved their happiness at work. You will also receive a bi-monthly newsletter that gives you great tips and ideas on how to improve your career.
– Put a link to the blog in your Facebook status update
Thanks! I really appreciate any help. Word of mouth is the BEST.
* Michael of Do More Great Work created a video post of his office space. It’s called My Great Work office. My favorite part is his productivity system. I need one of those.
If you enjoyed this post then you will probably like this one too: