Sunday, June 6th, 2010
Zappos has been honored with many accolades these past few years, including Business Week Customer Service Champ of 2009. Tony Hsieh, Zappos’ CEO, has been asked to speak all over the world. Zappos was named one of Fortune’s top 100 companies to work for in 2009.
Many people love to talk about the wonderful success story of Zappos, but some people don’t realize how much work was put into the development of the company. We know that they get raving reviews from customers, but we don’t know what it took to develop the business model that has been so successful.
Tony is about to tell the world exactly how he did it.
Tony wrote the book on how to make employees so happy that they wow the pants off their customers. He admits that he isn’t the first person to do this and that he has learned from others, but he has taken work happiness to a new level. His book is called Delivering Happiness (Amazon affiliate link), and it explains explaining how the perfect storm of Zappos came together.
Here are 19 reasons why you should buy Tony’s book:
1. You own a business and you want to learn how to run a profitable company.
2. You want to learn how to create a business without selling your soul to the devil.
3. You are curious about Tony’s life story.
4. You want to apply some of Zappos’ concepts to your own business.
5. You are wondering why Tony cares so much about Zappos.
6. You want to know how Zappos is so successful.
7. You want to know how Tony came to realize that happiness is more important than money.
8. You want to create core values for your company.
9. You need to know why Zappos offers free shipping and if you can do the same at your company.
10. You would like to learn how to get your people engaged with the company’s product.
11. Tony wrote the book without a ghost writer. (You can see this and at times the writing isn’t polished, but I actually liked this because I felt more connected to the story.)
12. You learn why Zappos pays their trainees to leave.
13. You are curious about how Tony views happiness.
14. You want to know how Zappos’ culture book came about.
15. You know creating a business is a gamble and you want to know how many risks Tony faced throughout his career.
16. You know culture is the best way to build a great company and you want to know more about how Zappos created an amazing culture.
17. You want to understand the importance of Twitter in the Zappos culture.
18. Why it’s good to embrace the weird side of the company’s culture.
19. It’s more than just a business book, it’s a life book too.
I’ve met Tony, interviewed him, and hung out on the Zappos bus at sxsw and Tony is an amazing person. I’m not getting paid to write this review. I’m writing this review because the book is worth your time.
Go out and buy it and help Tony get on the Best Sellers list, so more companies develop an open and happy culture.
* Are you on Twitter? Then join over 3,300 people who get my stress relief tips, happiness ideas, and thought provoking quotes. @workhappynow
* I talk about reframing your perspective a lot on this blog and J.D. put up a post that gives a fresh view. It’s called Change Your Why or Change Your How. If you can reframe a problem it ceases to be a problem.
If you enjoyed this post then you will probably like this one too: